The company under the name "FLATCAKE IKE" takes care of the security of your personal data and takes the appropriate technical and organizational measures for their protection in accordance with applicable national and EU legislation, in particular the General Data Protection Regulation (EU) 2016 / 679, Law 4624/2019 (hereinafter "Legislation") as well as the Decisions, Instructions and Opinions of the competent supervisory Authority.
In order to achieve transparency in the collection and use of your personal data, this Policy is intended to inform you about:
- What kind of personal data do we collect and how do we use it,
- The purpose of processing your personal data and the relevant legal basis on which we process this data,
- Your rights regarding your personal data.
Through this Policy we aim to inform you transparently about the processing of your personal data. However, as our activities and consequently the forms of processing are constantly evolving, not all forms of processing may be included here. In the event that a new form of processing is added, we will update this Policy and, in any case, provide you with the necessary information prior to the processing of your personal data.
I. What kind of Personal Data do we collect and how do we use it
1. Where do we collect your personal data?
Your personal data is downloaded:
• While navigating our online platform either as a visitor or as a user.
• During your registration, as users of our online platform in order to use our services.
• When you contact us through the relevant contact form.
• When posting ads or searching for them.
• When sending messages (communication) to other users of our online platform.
• When submitting requests / questions / messages to any electronic form contained within our platform.
• When paying your subscription and / or the cost of registering your ad.
2. What personal data do we collect from you?
• Navigation Data
By navigating our platform and in order for you to have unhindered access to it and to provide our services to you, we collect identifiers of visitors and users utilizing technologies such as cookies and/or tracking Internet Protocol (IP) addresses. In addition, information about the location of the visitor / user of the platform is automatically collected.
Connection data, usage data, navigation history,, screen capture of how the user interacts with the platform, location data (IP, tc), device location, page views data analysis.
• Registration / Login Data
Users: To register on the platform as users we will ask you to provide us with your name, email address and password.
Brokers: To register on the platform as brokers we will ask you to provide us
Professionals: To register on the platform as professionals, we will ask you to provide us with your name, e-mail address, mobile phone number, Tax Registration Number (TIN), and password.
You will be asked for your email address and password to log in to the platform as user.
Also, if you wish, you can register or log in to our platform with your Facebook or Google account. In this case, apart from the email address, you have entered on Facebook or Google, which we receive and will use to create your account on our online platform, we do not collect any information other than those that are already publicly accessible or that you will choose to share with us such as your profile picture, your date of birth, your gender or your contact details.
When registering with your Facebook account we also ask your permission (you can opt out) to receive the names of your Facebook friends who also use and have shared their friends lists with flatcake. This information is used to identify common Facebook friends between you and other users who have shared this data with flatcake, and inform you about the number of common friends and their profile names. This information is accessible only by users who have granted the user_friends permission and is presented to them, in a user-specific form:
- in the “search for flatmates” list, where the number of common friends is shown for each user profile who have granted the said permission and are looking for a room/flatmate
- in the profile pages of users who have granted the said permission, where the names of your common friends are also listed
Having common friends and acquaintances is generally regarded as a key criterion in the screening process of prospect flatmates, tenants, and landlords, since it creates a link between the two parties, laying a foundation of trust, and gives the opportunity to get references for the other party from a reliable source.
Hence, it greatly helps our interested users in searching and finding suitable flatmates/tenants/landlords more efficiently and successfully.
Through the communication form of our platform we collect name, e-mail address (email) as well as any other personal data you choose to share with us through your message in the fields "description" and "subject".
• Ad listing data
To place an ad, we will ask for your contact phone number, postal details of your property as well as your status as a resident, owner or tenant of the property in the case of placing an ad for a room.
• Communication data with other users
Any personal data you choose to share via your message to another user (s) of the platform.
Please note that where our platform requests the completion of fields marked with an asterisk [*] then the registration of this data is considered necessary in order to be able to provide you with our services. On the contrary, filling in the fields that are not marked with an asterisk is optional, however the entry of the requested data will optionally enable us to provide our services more completely.
3. How we use (process) your personal data
• We communicate with you with automated messages related to issues of your account (eg recovery of your password, etc.). You receive these messages as long as you have an active account with us, they are considered necessary for the proper operation of the systems and can not be deactivated.
• When providing services to find a home, room or roommate.
• For the purpose of communicating with you in the context of our services.
• For marketing purposes and / or promotional activities.
• For the general identification of the user of our internet platform.
• For fraud prevention purposes in the context of securing transactions within our online platform.
II. Transfer of Personal Data
As a rule, Flatcake does not transfer your personal data to third parties except to natural or legal persons and service providers who work with us to Flatcake. Your personal data transmitted by us is limited to what is absolutely necessary to achieve the intended purpose, while we select reliable partners and providers by setting contractual obligations and restrictions, to ensure that they comply with this Policy and applicable law in Europe. data.
Flatcake exceptionally transmits your data when it receives an order or decision from a court or official state authority (prosecuting and prosecuting authorities, cybercrime prosecution, EETT, ADAE, supervisory authorities, etc.) or in any case called upon to comply with relevant legislation impose.
In order to process your data, we may need to transfer your information to other countries, including countries outside the European Economic Area (EEA) based on EU adequacy decisions, corporate binding rules, standard contracts and approved codes of conduct.
III. Disclaimer for third party websites
We may provide redirection or redirection (hyperlinks) to third party websites to facilitate our users. Flatcake does not control third party websites and is not responsible for the content or hyperlinks of any of the websites. We are not responsible for the privacy practices they apply, nor for the content of third party websites.
IV. Your rights
We protect and respect your rights as defined by the General Data Protection Regulation, including in particular:
1) Your right to be informed about the processing of your personal data (right of access) and to request more information about the processing being performed.
2) Your right to request correction of inaccurate personal data.
3) The right to request the deletion of personal information you have provided, unless this is permitted for lawful reasons.
4) Your right to request processing restriction.
5) Your right to request portability of your personal information and
6) Your right to object to further processing.
7) Your right to revoke your consent.
In addition, in the event that the exercise of one or more of the above rights to correct, delete and restrict your data, these requests will be forwarded to any third party to whom your data may have been transmitted, in pursuit of the aforementioned purposes processing.
The Controller may refuse to satisfy in whole or in part a relevant request received from the data subject, only when this possibility is provided by the Regulation or national legislation.
Requests concerning the exercise of the above rights are examined within one (1) month from the receipt of the request. This deadline may be extended by another two (2) months, if required, if the request is complex or there is a large number of requests.
Data subjects can address their requests to email@example.com
V. Measures to protect your personal data.
Flatcake takes the appropriate technical and organizational measures to ensure that your personal data remains secure during processing by us.
In particular, recognizing the importance of protecting your privacy and all your personal data, Flatcake uses and applies the appropriate methods and tools to protect and secure your data.
Indicatively, Flatcake applies the following measures:
• measures to ensure that data processing systems cannot be used by unauthorized persons (denial of access control).
• measures to ensure that persons authorized to use data processing systems have access only to the data for which they have been authorized (data access control).
• measures to ensure that during any transmission of personal data they can not be copied, modified, or deleted by unauthorized persons (control of data transmission).
• measures to ensure that personal data processed by third parties or service providers to Flatcake is processed only in accordance with Flatcake instructions.
• measures such as data encryption, pseudonymization, anonymization, use of firewalls and restricted and authorized access policy.
Furthermore, Flatcake ensures that its employees and all employees have the appropriate training and awareness regarding the protection of personal data and the current institutional framework
VI. Personal Data Retention Period
Your personal data is kept for a predetermined and limited period of time depending on the purpose of processing and to be filled. At the end of this period, this personal data will be deleted from our records unless otherwise specified or required by law.
VII. Personal Data of Minors
The platform is not intended for minors and does not collect or process personal data of minors (ie persons under 18 years of age). However, as it is impossible to cross-check and verify the age of the visitors/users of the platform, we ask the parents/guardians of the minors, in case they find any unauthorized disclosure of personal data by the minors, to contact us directly, in order to the necessary protective measures (eg deletion of their data).
In the event that we become aware that we have collected the personal data of a minor, we undertake to delete it immediately and take all necessary measures to protect such data.
VIII. Update of the Personal Data Protection Policy